Inspiro – Portfolio Posts
Once you’ve learned how to create the Portfolio page in previous article, it’s time to populate your gallery with some content.
Create a New Portfolio Post
Portfolio posts can be added from the Portfolio menu in the Dashboard:
Usually, the following plugins also include a Portfolio Post Type:
Unyson – just go to Unyson menu and disable the Portfolio extension if you’ve installed it, as it is not needed by any of our themes.
Jetpack – this plugin also includes a feature that can register a Portfolio post type in your WordPress site, but since this is not needed by Inspiro theme, just disable it from Jetpack Settings, by searching for “Portfolio”.
Using a plugin like Post Type Switcher you can easily convert your existing Portfolio posts to work with Inspiro Portfolio posts.
When creating a new post, make sure to assign an existing or a new Category (Portfolios) to it and to set a Featured Image, which will be visible in Portfolio page or widgets.
In the editor you can insert blocks with text, images, galleries, videos, etc.
Video Lightbox in Portfolio Posts
You can attach a YouTube/Vimeo or self-hosted video to each Portfolio post in the Video Settings area:
In the Self Hosted File option you can upload a MP4 video or insert a direct link to a video file hosted somewhere else.
1. Video format must be MP4 with the h.264 encoding. You can resize/convert it using Handbrake.
2. We recommended to keep your video file size small (5-20MB) to load fast enough on 3G/4G connections
In YouTube/Vimeo option insert the public URL of the Video you want to display in the lightbox feature.
https://vimeo.com/295116835 - Vimeo URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNw15W_EK8 - YouTube URL
Video Lightbox in Portfolio gallery
When viewing the Portfolio gallery or the Portfolio Showcase widget in a page, a video icon will appear when hovering portfolio posts with a lightbox video attached:
If you don’t see this icon, make sure that the Video Lightbox feature is enabled either in Theme Options > Portfolio Options or in the widget settings:
Video Lightbox in the Header
In order to show a Video Lightbox in the Header in Portfolio Posts, you have to enable the Fullscreen Header option in Single Portfolio Posts section from Theme Options:
Here’s how it will look:
Fullscreen Image Slideshow in Portfolio Posts
Creating an image slideshow in the header area like in this example in the Portfolio posts is very simple.
Just find the “Slider” area below the editor when editing a Portfolio Post, and add your images there:
If you’re looking to add Tiled/Mosaic Galleries, see this article for instructions.
Was this article helpful?
- Inspiro – Activating License Key
- Inspiro – Elementor Integration
- Inspiro – Upgrade from Inspiro Lite (free) to Inspiro Premium
- Inspiro – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs 🎬
- Inspiro – Changelog
- Inspiro – Setup Video Tutorial 🎬 (old)
- Inspiro – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro – Beaver Builder Integration 🎬
- Inspiro – Hotel Demo Set up
- Inspiro – How to Enable Beaver Builder for Portfolio Posts and other Custom Post Types
- Inspiro – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Inspiro – Homepage Slideshow
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Slideshows
- Inspiro – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Inspiro – Video Lightbox
- Inspiro – Video Background on Hover
- Inspiro – Configure Homepage (Widgetized) Template
- Inspiro – Unyson Page Builder Integration
- Inspiro – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Portfolios 🎬
- Inspiro – Portfolio Posts
- Inspiro – Create the Blog page
- Inspiro – Contact Form
- Inspiro – Adding Fullscreen Images in Posts
- Inspiro – Configure Widgets
- Inspiro – Configure Single Page Widget
- Inspiro – Featured Products (WooCommerce) Widget
- Inspiro – eCommerce Support (WooCommerce)
- Inspiro – Fullscreen Galleries
- Inspiro – Create a Button in Top Menu
- Inspiro – Social Icons in the Header
- Inspiro – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Inspiro – Recommended Jetpack Features
- Inspiro – FAQ
- Inspiro – Known Problems & Conflicts