Inspiro – Upgrade from Inspiro Lite (free) to Inspiro Premium
Installing the Premium version
To upgrade to Inspiro Premium (Classic), you’ll first have to download and install the theme as a separate one.
Most probably you’ll get the following message when you’ll try to install it:
This theme is already installed.
This happens if you already have the free version of the theme installed.
Since both free and premium versions share the same name, click on the blue button “Replace current with uploaded “.
That’s all. The Premium version of the theme will be activated, and you can continue configuring its new features. See Inspiro Premium documentation.
Configuring the Front Page
If the layout of the front page is looking differently or missing the hero area at the top, there are two steps to fix this problem:
1. Create a New Page
Upon upgrade, the homepage will display your latest posts as this is the default WordPress setting in Settings → Reading.
You’ll need to create a new page and assign it with a Homepage page template.
Not sure which Page Template to use?
2. Assign the new page as your Front Page
Once you’ve published or edited the page you want to use as your front page, go to Settings > Reading page and select your page in the option: “A static page > Homepage“:
3. Start building!
Now that the right page with the right template is assigned as your front page, you can proceed with configuring the top slideshow or the sections below it.
The Slideshow at the top is a part of the theme, so the content can’t be edited or added using Elementor.`
You can find details to add images and videos in the Slideshow in this article.
If you want to use a different slideshow at the top and replace the one from the theme, you will need to use a different page template, like “Full-width (Page Builder)”.
If you want to build your homepage using a Page Builder, go back to edit that page, and click on the blue button “Edit in Elementor“:
If you don’t see this button available, the Elementor plugin is probably not installed or active on your website.
Additional instructions and tutorials can be found in the Elementor support guides.
In this article you can find some useful instructions about the Page Builder integration in Inspiro theme.
Homepage Slider (Hero Area)
The structure of Inspiro Lite and Inspiro Premium differ a bit due to the WordPress.org requirements for making themes compliant with the platform’s rules.
Instead of a static hero area, the Premium version uses a Slideshow for the homepage hero.
If the front page was configured as explained above, then your existing hero area should automatically appear at the top as the theme converts it to the needed format.
While in the free version the hero can be edited from the Customizer, in the Premium version this works differently, and it depends on many things. This article provides more explanation for you.
From the Slideshow → Add New page you can create a new slideshow item.
- Inspiro – Upgrade from Inspiro Lite (free) to Inspiro Premium
- Inspiro – Elementor Integration
- Inspiro – General Speed Tips
- Inspiro – Activating License Key
- Inspiro – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Inspiro – Changelog
- Inspiro – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro – How to Edit the WooCommerce Shop Page using Elementor
- Inspiro – Beaver Builder Integration
- Inspiro – Hotel Demo Set up
- Inspiro – How to Enable Elementor for Portfolio Posts and other Custom Post Types
- Inspiro – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Inspiro – Homepage Slideshow
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Slideshows
- Inspiro – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Inspiro – Video Lightbox
- Inspiro – Remove the Play icon from the Slideshow
- Inspiro – Video Background on Hover
- Inspiro – Configure Homepage (Widgetized) Template
- Inspiro – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Portfolios
- Inspiro – Portfolio Posts
- Inspiro – Create the Blog page
- Inspiro – Contact Form
- Inspiro – Adding Fullscreen Images in Posts
- Inspiro – Configure Widgets
- Inspiro – Configure Single Page Widget
- Inspiro – Featured Products (WooCommerce) Widget
- Inspiro – eCommerce Support (WooCommerce)
- Inspiro – Fullscreen Galleries
- Inspiro – Create a Button in Top Menu
- Inspiro – Social Icons in the Header
- Inspiro – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Inspiro – Recommended Jetpack Features
- Inspiro – FAQ
- Inspiro – Known Problems & Conflicts