Inspiro – Upgrade from Inspiro Lite (free) to Inspiro Premium
If you just purchased the premium version of the Inspiro theme, most probably you’ll get the following message when you’ll try to install it:
This theme is already installed.
This happens if you already have the free version of the theme installed.
Since both free and premium versions share the same name, simply click on the blue button “Replace current with uploaded“.
That’s all. Now the Premium version of the theme will be activated and you can continue configuring its new features. See Inspiro Premium documentation.
The theme structures of Inspiro Lite and Inspiro Premium differ a bit as a result of the requirements imposed by WordPress.org for making themes compliant with the rules of the platform.
You’ll notice that on theme upgrade the slider might reset its settings. No worries, this can be easily solved. Go to Slideshow → Add New to create a slideshow item. Add the necessary details for the slideshow item such as title, description, CTA button. If you need a static image, add a featured image to the slideshow post. If you need a background video in the slider, add it to the destined Video Settings section.
Inspiro supports a widgetized homepage, as well as a homepage created with a page builder. By default, upon upgrade, the homepage will display your latest posts as set in Settings → Reading. If you want to add other elements besides blog posts or make the theme look like in the demo, first you’ll need to create a new page and assign it with a Homepage page template. Then, you should set this page as a static homepage in Settings → Reading.
Note: loading the demo widgets will rewrite all the current widget settings.
Was this article helpful?
- Inspiro – Activating License Key
- Inspiro – Elementor Integration
- Inspiro – Upgrade from Inspiro Lite (free) to Inspiro Premium
- Inspiro – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs 🎬
- Inspiro – Changelog
- Inspiro – Setup Video Tutorial 🎬 (old)
- Inspiro – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro – Beaver Builder Integration 🎬
- Inspiro – Hotel Demo Set up
- Inspiro – How to Enable Beaver Builder for Portfolio Posts and other Custom Post Types
- Inspiro – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Inspiro – Homepage Slideshow
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Slideshows
- Inspiro – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Inspiro – Video Lightbox
- Inspiro – Video Background on Hover
- Inspiro – Configure Homepage (Widgetized) Template
- Inspiro – Unyson Page Builder Integration
- Inspiro – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Inspiro – How to Create Multiple Portfolios 🎬
- Inspiro – Portfolio Posts
- Inspiro – Create the Blog page
- Inspiro – Contact Form
- Inspiro – Adding Fullscreen Images in Posts
- Inspiro – Configure Widgets
- Inspiro – Configure Single Page Widget
- Inspiro – Featured Products (WooCommerce) Widget
- Inspiro – eCommerce Support (WooCommerce)
- Inspiro – Fullscreen Galleries
- Inspiro – Create a Button in Top Menu
- Inspiro – Social Icons in the Header
- Inspiro – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Inspiro – Recommended Jetpack Features
- Inspiro – FAQ
- Inspiro – Known Problems & Conflicts