Last updated: May 14, 2018
To provide you with our WordPress services we need to collect information about you. Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we won’t ask you unnecessary questions. Any information we receive about you will be subject to strict controls to minimise the risk of misuse – including unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal data.
2. The Information We Collect
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website, our payment gateways’ websites or by corresponding with us via email or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you browse our website, register for an account, purchase from us, and when you contact us for other reasons.
Information You Provide to Us
On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Your Name
- Billing address
- Credit card/payment details
- Email address
- Website address
- Username and password
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
When We Communicate
When you communicate with us for customer service or other purposes, including by email or using other methods, we retain that information and our responses to you.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
When you arrive at or leave the WPZOOM website, we receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to.
While you are using our site we collect information on the services you search for or view, page response times and length of visits to specific pages, and methods used to browse away from the page.
We collect information about the device you are using, such as the type of device, operating system and platform, the type and version of browser, browser plug-in types and versions, the times you access our website/app and the time zone setting, mobile network information and unique device identifier.
3. How We Use Information
Our primary purpose in collecting your information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience. By submitting your information to WPZOOM, you agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
Fulfilling Your Requests
We use return e-mail addresses to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including the provision of WordPress themes and plugins.
Communication and Customer Service
We communicate with our users on a regular basis via email to provide requested services and help you manage your account. These activities include:
- Responding to requests for customer service
- Confirming information concerning a user’s identity, business or account activity
- Resolving customer complaints
We use your email address to:
- Confirm your opening of a WPZOOM account
- Send you notice of any purchases that you make with WPZOOM
- Send you information about important changes to our products and services, including notice of any times that our services may not be available
- Send notices and other disclosures required by law
- Users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily service-oriented rather than promotional.
As we are obligated to send these communications to current customers, if you do not wish to receive these communications at all, then, unfortunately, you must close your account.
We also use your email address to send you other types of communications that you can control, including information about new themes, customer surveys and special promotions. These communications are to:
- Provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or purchased
- Provide news about the WordPress industry, marketing and advertising messages, updates on the services we offer, and promotional offers based on your activities
- Tell you about new products and features we are developing that you may find useful
4. How the information is stored
We save your personal information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. If you wish that your personal information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at [email protected]
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
5. Public Information and Sharing with Third Parties
We have public blogs on our websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your personal information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Social Media Platforms and Widgets/Links to Third-Party Websites
Analytics and Search Engine Providers
We share your IP address with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, and also for 3rd party advertising on 3rd party websites.
6. Cookies Policy
7. Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- Analytics tracking
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Payment processing
These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with them without your explicit consent. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies for the purpose of analysis and service improvement. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function. We only work with external agencies whose privacy policies align with ours.
We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
8. Data Retention Policy
We retain data for the purposes of reporting and backup for a period of up to five years. Where you have requested that we do so, we will take steps to delete your data from our system.
Where you have asked us not to contact you, we will retain that information on a ‘do not contact’ list to reduce the risk of us contacting you in the future.
Contacting Us With Questions or Requests
The website wpzoom.com is owned and operated by WPZOOM B.V.
WPZOOM is private company registered under the KvK number: 70938105 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.