Foodica – Recommended Plugins
Recommended Plugins (free)
Recipe Card Blocks – using the free version of our plugin you can add nice recipe cards in your posts with Schema.org markup..
Elementor – a very powerful front-end page builder which works great with Foodica.
WPZOOM Addons for Elementor – with this plugin you will have access to more modules in the Elementor
Social Icons Widget – free plugin that allows you to create a list of your social profiles. You’ll need it to add social icons from the top menu bar.
Instagram Widget – another free plugin created by us which you can use to add a scroller with your Instagram photos in the Footer, like in the demo. Make sure to set the space between images in the settings to 0.
Jetpack – a free plugin that includes numerous features that you can active to add extra functionalities in the theme. Recommended features to activate: Related Posts, Tiled Galleries, Carousel.
Rating-Widget: Star Rating System – a complex free plugin that allows to add rating to each post.
MailPoet Newsletters – a plugin that allows to create and send newsletters to your subscribers. It also includes a widget that you can add in the sidebar or in the post content widget area.
Recipe Card Plugins
Foodica theme includes basic support for rich snippets (image, ingredients, instructions) but if you need more complex support we highly recommend you to install a plugin and use it to add recipe cards:
Recipe Card Blocks PRO (With Schema Markup) – our recommendation!
Do I Need Elementor PRO?
Foodica doesn’t require Elementor PRO, but we highly recommend purchasing it. The price starts from $49 and you receive a lot of features.
To enable the eCommerce feature in the theme, you’ll need to install the free WooCommerce plugin.
Contact Form Page
You can add a newsletter subscription form in widget areas by installing the MailPoet Newsletters plugin (formerly Wysija Newsletters). The plugin is free and also includes a widget called MailPoet Subscription Form
To add Rating Stars to each post, like in the demo, install and activate the free plugin called Rating-Widget: Star Rating System.
You can make the top or main menu stick at the top while scrolling down the page using the myStickymenu plugin. The CSS classes needed to configure the plugin and more instructions can be found in this tutorial.
Was this article helpful?
- Foodica – Activating License Key
- Foodica – Changelog
- Foodica – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Foodica – Setup Video Tutorial
- Foodica – Recommended Image Sizes & Optimizations
- Foodica – Recommended Plugins
- Foodica – Free version vs. Premium version (PRO)
- Foodica – Upgrade from the Free version to Foodica Premium (PRO)
- Foodica – PageSpeed & Core Web Vitals Recommendations ⚡️
- Foodica – Setting up the Homepage using Elementor
- Foodica – Classic Layout vs. Elementor
- Foodica – Recipe Index Page (Elementor)
- Foodica – How to add Recipe Cards
- Foodica – Recipe Schema Support & Recommendations for Non-Food Blogs
- Foodica – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Foodica – Social Icons in the Header
- Foodica – Configure Homepage Slider
- Foodica – Image Box widget (3 columns)
- Foodica – How to Make a Sticky/Featured Post
- Foodica – Recipe Index Page
- Foodica – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
- Foodica – Infinite Scroll
- Foodica – Add Related Posts, Tiled Galleries and other Jetpack Features
- Foodica – Change Post Styles
- Foodica – Configure Mobile Menu
- Foodica – Configure Widgets
- Foodica – Tabs Section in Sidebar with Popular Posts
- Foodica – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Foodica – How to add Advertising Banners
- Foodica – Recipe Index (using EasyIndex Plugin)
- Foodica – Known Issues & Fixes
- Foodica – FAQ