Foodica – Upgrade from Free version to Foodica Premium (PRO)
If you just purchased the premium version (Pro) of Foodica theme, most probably you’ll get the following error when you’ll try to install it:
Theme installation failed.
This happens if you already have the free version of Foodica installed.
Since both free and premium versions share the same name, it’s necessary to delete the free version, as WordPress will not let you to install a theme with the same name.
You can fix this problem easily in 2 ways:
Option 1: Install Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin
This is probably the easiest option, as you simply have to install the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin. This plugin fixes the WordPress limitation where you can’t install a theme with the same name, even though Foodica is available in 2 versions: Free and Premium (PRO).
Simply go to the Plugins > Add New page in your WordPress Dashboard, search for “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades“, and install the plugin. Once you will activate the plugin, you will be able to install your new Foodica theme.
Option 2: Delete Foodica Lite (Free)
Since you can’t delete your active theme, you will first have to activate a different theme.
Step 1: Simply find a different theme on the Themes page and activate it:
Step 2: Now find the Foodica Lite and click on it:
Step 3: After clicking on the Theme Details, a new window will open with more details about the theme. Look in the bottom right corner, and you will find a small red text saying Delete and click it:
That’s all. Now you can try to install again the premium version of Foodica theme that you’ve just purchased.
- Foodica – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Foodica – Changelog
- Foodica – Setup Video Tutorial
- Foodica – Free version vs. Premium version (PRO)
- Foodica – Upgrade from Free version to Foodica Premium (PRO)
- Foodica – Recommended Plugins
- Foodica – How to add Recipe Cards
- Foodica – Recipe Schema Support & Recommendations for Non-Food Blogs
- Foodica – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Foodica – Social Icons in the Header
- Foodica – Configure Homepage Slider
- Foodica – Image Box widget (3 columns)
- Foodica – How to Make a Sticky/Featured Post
- Foodica – Recipe Index Page
- Foodica – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
- Foodica – Infinite Scroll
- Foodica – Add Related Posts, Tiled Galleries and other Jetpack Features
- Foodica – Change Post Styles
- Foodica – Configure Mobile Menu
- Foodica – Configure Widgets
- Foodica – Tabs Section in Sidebar with Popular Posts
- Foodica – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Foodica – How to add Advertising Banners
- Foodica – Recipe Index (using EasyIndex Plugin)
- Foodica – Known Issues & Fixes
- Foodica – FAQ