How to Install a Premium WordPress Theme from WPZOOM
In this article:
How to Download a Premium WPZOOM Theme
First you need to download the theme ZIP file from the link provided in your WPZOOM member area:
Your browser downloaded a folder instead of a ZIP file?
Some browsers like Safari automatically extract zip files after download. To download the theme as a ZIP file Right-click on the download link and select “Download Linked File“. You can also disable this feature in Safari Settings – view instructions.
How to Install a Premium WPZOOM Theme
Now that we have the ZIP file with the theme, let’s proceed to the installation:
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard (wp-admin) and open → section
- Click on the button from the top
- Click on the button
- Select the .zip file with the theme on your computer, and Install it
- Activate theme
Common Installation Issues & Solutions
Upgrading from a free theme with the same name?
If you’re upgrading from a free theme that has the same name as the Premium version (e.g., Foodica, Inspiro), you’ll get the following message:
This theme is already installed.
Just click on the blue “Replace current with uploaded” button and your free theme will be upgraded:
Only the ZIP file with a Child Theme was downloaded
Are you getting the following error when trying to install the theme:
The parent theme could not be found. You will need to install the parent theme, theme-name, before you can use this child theme.
This happens when you’re trying to install the ZIP file with the Child Theme. Probably, your browser didn’t download the theme as a ZIP archive but instead extracted it automatically, so now the only ZIP file you’re seeing is the one with the Child Theme.
To download the theme as a ZIP file in Safari you will have to Right-click on the download button and select “Download Linked File“. You can also disable this feature in the Safari Settings – view instructions.
Another quick solution is to Compress the downloaded folder into a ZIP archive:
If you have successfully installed your new WPZOOM theme, we recommend you take a look at the following resources:
- Activate your License Key & Enable 1-click Theme Updates
- Check the Documentation for your theme. You may find a lot of useful information and tips there.
- Read 10 Things to do after your WPZOOM theme install article.
- Need a good WordPress Hosting? Check out our WordPress Hosting recommendations.
- Looking to extend your theme with extra functionalities? You can do that installing 3rd party plugins, and here you can see Plugins we Recommend
Was this article helpful?
- Automatic widget installation
- Configure Widgets
- Configuring post excerpts throughout your theme
- Demo Content Importer
- How do I set up my slider?
- How to Activate the License Key of your WPZOOM Theme
- How to Add a Featured Image to a Post or Page
- How to Change Background
- How to Change the Cropping Area of Featured Images in WordPress
- How to Create a Blog page in Business Themes
- How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress
- How to disable the responsive part of your theme
- How to fix incorrect Facebook thumbnails
- How to Google Analytics Tracking Code to your WordPress website
- How to Remove the Demo Content
- How to set up your RSS feed
- How to Upload Your Logo in WPZOOM Themes
- Optimize Slow Loading Speed in Videozoom and other WPZOOM Themes
- Set up Navigation Menus
- Understanding pages & page templates
- What Page Builders do your Themes Support?
- WPZOOM themes’ file structure