How to fix incorrect Facebook thumbnails
By default, when you share an article on Facebook or other social networks, the first image from your page will be automatically used as a preview.
If you want instead to display the Featured Image of posts as a preview, you’ll need to install a 3rd party plugin or activate a feature in the Yoast SEO plugin if you use it already.
There are 2 simply ways to fix Facebook Thumbnail:
1. Using OG Tags plugin
OG Tags and Open Graph and Twitter Card Tags are two free plugins, which you can install to help you display the Featured Image when you share articles on Facebook or other social networks. These are simple plugins that will add the needed og:image property in you articles, that tells Facebook which image to use as preview. In our case it will use post’s Featured Image
2. Using Yoast SEO
If you’re using this plugin already, go to the SEO → Social menu in Dashboard, and enable the Add Open Graph meta data feature in the Facebook tab:
Facebook still shows the wrong image?
If you enabled a method that we explained above in order to force showing Featured Image on Facebook, and some articles still show a different image, then you’ll need to use the Facebook Debugger tool to fetch new information, by entering the URL of a specific article:
Still doesn’t work?
Make sure you have cleared the cache, in case you’re using a plugin like WP Super Cache or W3C Total Cache. Also take a look at this post on using the Facebook Debugger, from our friends at Kinsta.
- Automatic widget installation
- Configure Widgets
- Configuring post excerpts throughout your theme
- Demo Content Importer
- How do I set up my slider?
- How to Activate the License Key of your WPZOOM Theme
- How to Add a Featured Image to a Post or Page
- How to Change Background
- How to Change the Cropping Area of Featured Images in WordPress
- How to Create a Blog page in Business Themes
- How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress
- How to disable the responsive part of your theme
- How to Google Analytics Tracking Code to your WordPress website
- How to Install a Premium WordPress Theme from WPZOOM
- How to Remove the Demo Content
- How to Upload Your Logo in WPZOOM Themes
- Optimize Slow Loading Speed in Videozoom and other WPZOOM Themes
- Recommendations for Themes with Full-width Sliders
- Set up Navigation Menus
- Understanding pages & page templates
- What Page Builders do your Themes Support?
- WPZOOM themes’ file structure