How to Change the Cropping Area of Featured Images in WordPress
If you want to set how your thumbnail is cropped, you can handily do so by using Crop Thumbnails. The plugin will give you a simple set of options that allow you to choose which areas the thumbnail is cropped.
1. Install Crop-Thumbnails plugin
To install the plugin, go to Plugins → Add New and search for “Crop-Thumbnails“. Click Install Now to install the plugin, and activate it once it’s installed.
2. Edit the Featured Image
When you’ll add a new Featured Image or edit an existing one, there will be a new option “Crop Featured Image“. Click it, and there you can crop the image and save the cropping area for a specific image size from the theme.
3. Crop & Save
In this step, you can select the image size you want to edit, select a new cropping area and click the Save Crop button.
If you’re not sure what is the name used for a specific section in your theme just ask our support team.
You can also find the custom image sizes in your WPZOOM theme in the file functions/functions.php. In some theme there is a comment with description where that image size is used:
- Automatic widget installation
- Configure Widgets
- Configuring post excerpts throughout your theme
- Demo Content Importer
- How do I set up my slider?
- How to Activate the License Key of your WPZOOM Theme
- How to Add a Featured Image to a Post or Page
- How to Change Background
- How to Create a Blog page in Business Themes
- How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress
- How to disable the responsive part of your theme
- How to fix incorrect Facebook thumbnails
- How to Google Analytics Tracking Code to your WordPress website
- How to Install a Premium WordPress Theme from WPZOOM
- How to Remove the Demo Content
- How to Upload Your Logo in WPZOOM Themes
- Optimize Slow Loading Speed in Videozoom and other WPZOOM Themes
- Recommendations for Themes with Full-width Sliders
- Set up Navigation Menus
- Understanding pages & page templates
- What Page Builders do your Themes Support?
- WPZOOM themes’ file structure