Customizing the Theme
From time to time, you might like to update the look and feel of your WordPress site. This video demonstrates how to change the look of your site by customizing the default theme or installing a new theme.
From the Appearance sub-panel, you can change the entire look and feel of your site by installing and activating new themes, or by changing your existing theme. A theme is actually a bundle of files that determine the overall design of a site, including colors, graphics, layout, and fonts. There are literally thousands of WordPress themes available to choose from, running the entire gamut of both quality and price.
This video also covers how to add a custom background image or custom header graphic to your site design, plus how to use a static page as the homepage for your site, instead of the default list of blog posts!
2. WordPress Basics: Content Management
- 2.1 WordPress Dashboard
- 2.2 Posts vs Pages
- 2.3 What is Gutenberg?
- 2.4 The Block Editor
- 2.5 Creating a New Post with Blocks
- 2.6 Edit an Existing Post
- 2.7 Add a Featured Image to a Post
- 2.8 Gutenberg Blocks
- 2.9 Using Categories and Tags
- 2.10 Creating and Editing Pages
- 2.11 Adding Images
- 2.12 How to Embed Video and Audio
- 2.13 Using the Media Library
- 2.14 How to Create a Link
- 2.15 Managing Comments