Understanding pages & page templates
Most of our themes come bundled with unique page templates which adds additional functionality to your pages. These are most popular page templates that can be found in our themes:
- Archives (template-archive.php) – displays lists of all categories, monthly archives and popular tags.
- Full-width (template-fullwidth.php) – a full width page template without the sidebar.
- Blog (template-blog.php) – a page that will show all your post in a blog layout (useful for business themes with static content).
Assign a Page as the Homepage
For most of our non-blogging themes, like Inspiro, you have to set a static page as your front page. Optionally, you can create another page on which the Blog posts will be displayed.
How to set up a page as the front page:
- Create or edit an existing page, and select the desired Template to it (usually named “Homepage“), from the Page Attributes widget
- Navigate to →
- Select “A static page” option for the Your homepage displays
- Then select any existing page from the Homepage dropdown. In our case it will be Homepage
How to create a Blog page:
- Navigate to → and create a new page
- You can name your new page Blog or anything else you want
- Publish the page
- Go to → page.
- In order to show the blog posts on the new page, just select it in the dropdown Posts Page and save changes.