I made some changes and I can’t see them?
If you’ve recently updated your theme to a newer version or made some changes to your website (Custom CSS) and they aren’t showing up, you probably have one of two caching problems:
- Clear your browser cache and refresh your site by loading up your homepage and pressing CTRL+R on Windows or CMD+R on Mac (CMD+Shift+R for a hard refresh in Chrome on Mac).
Here you can find more combinations depending on your browser/OS.
If this doesn’t work, the problem is elsewhere. Try number two.
- Clear your plugin cache. If you’re using a caching plugin such as WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache you’ll need to clear your cache before any changes show up.
Head to the plugin settings and press the big “Clear Cache” button. Refresh your site, and you should see changes show up.
Some plugins like WP Super Cache include an option which once enabled will serve a non-cached version of your website to logged in users like you, the administrator, so make sure to look carefully in the settings page of your caching plugin if such an option is available:
Some hosting companies, like SiteGround, Bluehost, and GoDaddy, also provide site caching without installing a plugin, so make sure to check if there’s an option in the Dashboard to Clear/Purge the cache.
Here’s an example how it looks with SiteGround:
Was this article helpful?
- Failed: Filesystem preventing downloads. (ftpext)
- How do I set up my slider?
- How to Activate the License Key of your WPZOOM Theme
- How to Create a Child Theme for a WPZOOM Theme
- How to Create a Twitter App and connect the Twitter Widget
- How to Fix 404 Errors on Custom Post Type
- How to hide “comments are closed”
- How to Increase the WordPress PHP Memory Limit
- How to Install a Premium WPZOOM Plugin
- How to set up author pictures (Gravatar)
- How to update the ZOOM Framework
- How to Upgrade PHP Version on Your Website
- Is my WPZOOM Theme Compatible with Gutenberg?
- Slider troubleshooting: why isn’t my slider working?
- Troubleshooting Plugin Conflicts
- Twitter widget: troubleshooting
- What Page Builders do your Themes Support?
- ZOOM Framework Changelog