How to Create a Twitter App and connect the Twitter Widget
We recommend you to use the official Twitter Widget or JetPack’s Latest Tweets widget.
In order to use the WPZOOM’s Twitter Widget, you will have to create your own Twitter Application and then generate access tokens and secrets for use on the Widget.
Creating a Twitter Application
In order to make use of the new WPZOOM: Twitter Widget you will have to create your own Twitter Application, follow these steps to create it.
- Head over to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps and make sure you’re logged in with your Twitter account.
- Click on the blue button at the top Create an app
- You will be asked to join the Twitter Developer program, so click on the Apply button in that pop-up
- On the next step, you will have to select a reason you need to create an app. You can select the option “Exploring the API“:
- On the step with Intended use you will have to provide a detailed explanation with how and where you plan to use this application. You can mention that you want to connect a WordPress plugin to display your latest tweets on your website:
- If everything is filled correctly, make sure to agree with the terms and submit your application.
Obtaining an Access Token and Secret
Once you have created your Twitter Application you will need to generate an Access Token and Secret.
- Click on the API Keys tab from the page of your app
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Create my access token button under the Your access token section to create your access token and secret
Setting up your WPZOOM: Twitter Widget
Once you have your Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret go to Widgets page in your WordPress Dashboard, add the WPZOOM: Twitter Widget to a widgetized area, and enter values from your Twitter Application in the widget settings.
- Failed: Filesystem preventing downloads. (ftpext)
- How do I set up my slider?
- How to hide “comments are closed”
- How to set up author pictures (Gravatar)
- I made some changes and I can’t see them?
- Slider troubleshooting: why isn’t my slider working?
- Troubleshooting Plugin Conflicts
- Twitter widget: troubleshooting
- What Page Builders do your Themes Support?