Inspiro PRO – Portfolio Posts
Once you’ve learned how to create the Portfolio page in previous article, it’s time to populate your gallery with some content.
Create a New Portfolio Post
Portfolio posts can be added from the Portfolio menu in the Dashboard:
Usually, the following plugins also include a Portfolio Post Type:
Unyson – just go to Unyson menu and disable the Portfolio extension if you’ve installed it, as it is not needed by any of our themes.
Jetpack – this plugin also includes a feature that can register a Portfolio post type in your WordPress site, but since this is not needed by Inspiro theme, just disable it from Jetpack Settings, by searching for “Portfolio”.
Using a plugin like Post Type Switcher you can easily convert your existing Portfolio posts to work with Inspiro Portfolio posts.
When creating a new post, make sure to assign an existing or a new Category (Portfolios) to it and to set a Featured Image, which will be visible in Portfolio page or widgets.
In the editor you can insert blocks with text, images, galleries, videos, etc.
Video Lightbox in Portfolio Posts
You can attach a YouTube/Vimeo or self-hosted video to each Portfolio post in the Video Settings area:
In the Self Hosted File option you can upload a MP4 video or insert a direct link to a video file hosted somewhere else.
1. Video format must be MP4 with the h.264 encoding. You can resize/convert it using Handbrake.
2. We recommended to keep your video file size small (5-20MB) to load fast enough on 3G/4G connections
In YouTube/Vimeo option insert the public URL of the Video you want to display in the lightbox feature.
https://vimeo.com/295116835 - Vimeo URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNw15W_EK8 - YouTube URL
Video Lightbox in Portfolio gallery
When viewing the Portfolio gallery or the Portfolio Showcase widget in a page, a video icon will appear when hovering portfolio posts with a lightbox video attached:
If you don’t see this icon, make sure that the Video Lightbox feature is enabled either in Theme Options > Portfolio Options or in the widget settings:
Video Lightbox in the Header
In order to show a Video Lightbox in the Header in Portfolio Posts, you have to enable the Fullscreen Header option in Single Portfolio Posts section from Theme Options:
Here’s how it will look:
Was this article helpful?
- Inspiro PRO – Activating License Key
- Inspiro PRO – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- How to migrate from Inspiro (Classic) to Inspiro PRO
- Inspiro PRO – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro PRO – Elementor Integration
- Inspiro PRO – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro PRO – Homepage Slideshow
- Inspiro PRO – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Inspiro PRO – How to Create Multiple Slideshows
- Inspiro PRO – Portfolio Posts
- Inspiro PRO – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Inspiro PRO – Video Background on Hover
- Inspiro PRO – Video Lightbox
- Inspiro PRO – Create the Blog page
- How to Create an Image Gallery with Video Snapshots
- Inspiro PRO – Social Icons in the Header
- Inspiro PRO – Known Problems & Conflicts