Inspiro PRO – Video Background on Hover
In our video themes Inspiro and Reel you can set a short video to play automatically when hovering a specific Portfolio post in a gallery.
There are 2 ways to add background videos on hover:
- By uploading a self-hosted video
- By inserting a YouTube or Vimeo URL
Adding a self-hosted video in background on hover
You can upload a short video in each Portfolio post in the Video Background on Hover tab in Video Settings:
We recommend you to prepare a small video for each post, as you don’t need it to be larger than 600x400px. Make sure that the size of the file is also under 2-3 MB.
Adding a YouTube or Vimeo video in background on hover
Using the GIPHY API integration we’ve been able to add an easier way to add a video in background on hover. With this method, you don’t have to create manually short videos and upload them, but you can do it directly from your WordPress site.
Just insert the URL of any public YouTube or Vimeo videos, and you will be able to generate a short video preview of a maximum of 15 seconds.
This feature works only with videos shorter than 15 minutes
If a Vimeo is not available for Download, then it’s not possible to generate a short preview for hover feature using GIPHY API. You need to make that specific Vimeo video available for Download. More info.
The Download button appears below the video, so you can easily know if a video will work or not to generate a hover preview.
If you have a PRO or Premium Vimeo account, you can easily control which videos are available for download:
You can easily control the duration and the start your video preview:
If you need a way to generate much quicker multiple videos, you can use the GIF Maker tool from GIPHY.
Was this article helpful?
- Inspiro PRO – Activating License Key
- Inspiro PRO – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- How to migrate from Inspiro (Classic) to Inspiro PRO
- Inspiro PRO – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro PRO – Elementor Integration
- Inspiro PRO – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro PRO – Homepage Slideshow
- Inspiro PRO – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Inspiro PRO – How to Create Multiple Slideshows
- Inspiro PRO – Portfolio Posts
- Inspiro PRO – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Inspiro PRO – Video Background on Hover
- Inspiro PRO – Video Lightbox
- Inspiro PRO – Create the Blog page
- How to Create an Image Gallery with Video Snapshots
- Inspiro PRO – Social Icons in the Header
- Inspiro PRO – Known Problems & Conflicts