How to Change the © Copyright Notice in the Footer
Protecting your original content is important!
A lot of WPZOOM themes have copyright notices as standard and you can easily edit the text from Customizer > Footer:
If such an option is not available in your WPZOOM Theme, we’ll show you how to edit the existing copyright notice in your site’s footer:
- If you simply want to translate or change the words from existing copyright notice, we recommend you to follow instructions from this tutorial.
- Before making any changes in your theme files, please create a Child Theme and duplicate the file you want to modify in it (footer.php).
- Go to → and select the footer.php file from the list on the right in your Child Theme.
- Using your browser Find option (Ctrl/Cmd + F), search for the line containing
- Once you’ve found the needed line, feel free to modify it as you need, but be careful if you’re not familiar with HTML/PHP as you can easily break your website.
- Click to save your changes!
Was this article helpful?
- Change text strings in WPZOOM Themes using “Say What?” plugin
- How to add advertising banners
- How to Create a Contact Form in WordPress
- How to Fix 404 Errors on Custom Post Type
- How to fix Google Maps not loading in Unyson Page Builder
- How to hide “comments are closed”
- How to remove “Designed by WPZOOM” copyright from footer
- How to set up author pictures (Gravatar)
- Is my WPZOOM Theme Compatible with Gutenberg?
- Recommendations for Themes with Full-width Sliders
- Understanding the Structure of WPZOOM Themes
- WPZOOM themes’ file structure
- WPZOOM Usage Tracking