Change text strings in WPZOOM Themes using “Say What?” plugin
Say What? is a free and useful plugin which allows you to change text strings from our themes when you don’t want to translate entire theme in a different language.
How It Works?
Let’s take for example the demo of the Reel theme.
There’s a default title “Our Work” on the homepage, and there is no option in the theme to change it:
1. Once you installed and activated the Say What? plugin, go to Tools -> Text changes page in your WordPress dashboard and click the Add New button at the top of the page.
2. You will be presented with four text fields: Original string, Text domain, Text context, and Replacement string.
- Original string – This field is for the text you are attempting to change. In this case, we want to change the “Our Work” text string, so that is exactly what you would enter into the field. Note: This field is case-sensitive. That means you must enter the text exact as it is displayed. “Our Work” and “our work” are not the same text string.
- Text domain – This field requires a unique identifier that each plugin or theme must have. For WPZOOM themes, the text domain is
wpzoom. If you need assistance finding the text domain for another plugin or theme, please contact the developer.
- Text context – This field isn’t required, so you can leave it blank.
- Replacement string – This field is your playground. The text you place in the Original string field will be replaced by whatever you put in this field. In our case we want to replace “Our Work” with “Portfolio”.
3. Save your new Text change and check the results.
If the above instructions are too difficult or not working for you, we recommend you to use the TranslatePress plugin.