Recently Twitter has retired version 1 of their API, and a few additional steps are required in order to make WPZOOM: Twitter Widget work with version 1.1 of the Twitter API.
You will now have to create your own Twitter Application in order to use the Twitter Widget and then generate access tokens and secrets for use on the Widget.
Creating a Twitter Application
In order to make use of the new WPZOOM: Twitter Widget you will have to create your own Twitter Application, follow these steps to create it.
- Head over to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new
- Give your application a Name, Description and link to your Website, you can leave the Callback URL empty
- Scroll through the Developer Rules Of The Road section and check the Yes, I agree option
- Enter the Captcha code and click Create your Twitter Application
Obtaining an Access Token and Secret
Once you have created your Twitter Application you will need to generate an Access Token and Secret.
- Click on the API Keys tab from the page of your app
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Create my access token button under the Your access token section to create your access token and secret
Setting up your WPZOOM: Twitter Widget
Once you have your Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret go to Widgets page in your WordPress Dashboard, add the WPZOOM: Twitter Widget to a widgetized area, and enter values from your Twitter Application in the widget settings.