This video demonstrates how to find, install, and configure third-party plugins to add new functions and features to your WordPress site.
Plugins allow you to add new features to your WordPress blog that don’t come standard with the default installation. There are thousands of plugins available for WordPress, and with the Plugins sub-panel, finding, installing, and managing new plugins is easy!
Covered in this video:
- What are plugins, and what do they do?
- Installing WordPress plugins.
- How to activate and deactivate plugins using the Plugins sub-panel.
- How to find new plugins directly from the Plugins > Add New sub-panel.
- Using the automatic plugin installer.
- Installing the popular Jetpack plugin.
- Configuring Jetpack options.
For more details about the Jetpack plugin demonstrated in the video, visit: Jetpack.me
2. WordPress Basics: Content Management
- 2.1 WordPress Dashboard
- 2.2 Posts vs Pages
- 2.3 What is Gutenberg?
- 2.4 The Block Editor
- 2.5 Creating a New Post with Blocks
- 2.6 Edit an Existing Post
- 2.7 Add a Featured Image to a Post
- 2.8 Gutenberg Blocks
- 2.9 Using Categories and Tags
- 2.10 Creating and Editing Pages
- 2.11 Adding Images
- 2.12 How to Embed Video and Audio
- 2.13 Using the Media Library
- 2.14 How to Create a Link
- 2.15 Managing Comments