If you’re just starting a blog, it can be difficult to choose the right hosting provider – especially if you’re on a budget.
Ideally, your WordPress hosting provider should offer great optimization, an SSL certificate, secure network operations, good customer support, and backup support for your site’s data.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at some affordable WordPress hosting providers for professionals and businesses looking to start a blog or migrate to a different hosting provider.
Features to look for when choosing a WordPress hosting provider
There are many different features you should be on the lookout for when choosing a WordPress hosting provider.
You want to make sure the WordPress hosting provider you choose is up to standards. This means that it should provide all the basic and advanced functionality needed depending on your specific needs.
Let’s go over some key features you should consider when choosing a WordPress hosting for your site:
- Optimization. Optimization plays an important role in your site’s day-to-day functioning. This means that, if the hosting provider you choose is not optimized enough, it can cause frequent disconnection issues from the server and a slower response on your site. As a result, this causes a poor user experience for visitors. Ideally, you want your WordPress hosting provider to have top-notch optimization without any disconnection issues or a slower page load or response time on your site.
- Backups. You want to make sure the hosting provider you choose has the option to backup your site’s data on their server. This way, in case of any problem, you can simply download your site’s data from the server and restore your site. Ideally, you want to choose a WordPress hosting provider that offers automatic daily backup services.
- SSL. SSL certification is also important in protecting your site’s important data and your customer’s personal information. It ensures a safer experience for visitors and customers on your WordPress site. Most customers will not be willing to enter their personal information or details on your site if there’s no SSL certificate.
- Support. Your WordPress hosting provider is the backbone of your website. It’s important to make sure that it offers 24/7 customer support. This is crucial in helping you fix bugs and other issues with your site. You might even need help with the initial setup if you’re not particularly tech-savvy. It’s also important that your WordPress hosting provider offers full support for any domain that you want to use.
Best WordPress hosting on a budget
Here are some of the best budget WordPress hosting providers for your website:
SiteGround is an easy-to-use website building and management platform that offers managed WordPress hosting for users. It offers a simple and fast website building solution for people who need a website but also don’t know where to start. It also offers free WordPress migrations professionally done by SiteGround experts.
SiteGround offers full support for and is powered by Google Cloud. You probably already know that Google is known for being the fastest and most stable connected network service. With SiteGround, you can expect to have fast response times and excellent page load speeds on your site thanks to the SSD disk store Google Cloud offers.
SiteGround offers a fully managed hosting service for users. The team at SiteGround takes care of all the hosting maintenance and offers automatic WordPress updates so you have more time to focus on your business. SiteGround offers a performance-optimized WordPress hosting solution for your website from the get-go.
Additionally, you also don’t have to worry about security issues with SiteGround as it offers constant security monitoring. This way, you can prevent any hacks or cyber-attacks on your WordPress site. It’s also useful to detect and fix any vulnerabilities on the server and website level.
SiteGround pricing plans start at $4.99 per month for the StartUp package. This is on a special offer price at the time of this writing, which is discounted from $14.99 per month.
As the name suggests, EasyWP offers an easy solution to manage WordPress hosting. Users can quickly set up their site with EasyWP without worrying about whether the domain will work with the hosting plan or not.
It offers one of the best (and fastest) WordPress hosting services at an affordable price. You’ll be able to set up and manage your hosting plan by yourself with EasyWP’s built-in tools and services.
Other than creating your website, you can also customize and publish your website using WordPress with EasyWP. It offers support for WooCommerce to set up a store, Jetpack for customizing your site without using a single line of code, and Yoast SEO for optimizing your site for search engines. Not only is EasyWP a robust hosting provider but also offers a secure experience for its customers. It offers SSL security for your website absolutely free with the Turbo and Supersonic subscription plans.
You also don’t have to worry about securely sending files when working with EasyWP. It offers SFTP security so it’s easier for customers and the admin to securely send files and safely share personal information on your website. In addition to this, you don’t have to worry about fixing bugs and issues as EasyWP offers great customer service 24/7, all year around.
EasyWP pricing starts from $3.88 per month for the Starter package and $22.88 if you choose yearly subscriptions. EasyWP also offers a free 30 day trial with each subscription package they offer.
One of the most well-known WordPress hosting providers, GoDaddy offers powerful tools and features for easily creating and managing your WordPress site all in one place.
GoDaddy is great for business owners looking for an all-in-one solution for managing and creating a professional, successful online brand presence. This budget hosting provider offers tools to create and manage domains, websites, and all your marketing campaigns from a single dashboard. This simplified view helps easily manage and run your WordPress site without having to jump through various websites or platforms.
GoDaddy offers award-winning support for its customers. You will have exceptional support with 1000+ experts that are ready to help you set up your WordPress site and fix bugs whenever needed. Another great thing about GoDaddy is that they guarantee 99.9% uptime and 24/7 support all year round. This means your WordPress site will never be down due to issues with the hosting provider. In addition to this, it also offers SSL certification for a safe, secure browsing experience for site visitors.
GoDaddy, out of the box, offers social media and email marketing tools along with the support of SEO tools. This is great if you’re looking to create and run your marketing campaigns easily and conveniently from a single place.
GoDaddy pricing starts at $2.99 per month for the Economy plan and $5.40 when you renew next month.
Why you don’t want to go for the cheapest option when choosing a WordPress hosting provider
When deciding on your WordPress hosting, you don’t want to choose the cheapest option. This is because you can run into problems in the long run and can harm the growth of your website for the future:
- Poor SEO. A cheap WordPress hosting usually has poor SEO optimization with little or no support for SEO tools. This means that your website will rank much lower in search engine results than it needs to.
- Frequent downtime. You don’t want to pay for budget WordPress hosting thinking you got a good deal only to later find out your website is down due to host server issues. One of the most common problems with budget WordPress hosting providers is the lack of reliability and poor server stability. You want your website to handle and support more than expected traffic. This way, you won’t hurt engagement on your website due to frequent downtime issues.
- Slow page load and response. It’s common for cheap WordPress hosting providers to have longer connection times. This means that your website will have slow page load times and response times due to the hosting provider’s server not being up-to-par.
- Poor after-sales support (customer support). The last thing you want is to subscribe to a budget WordPress hosting provider and not get good after-sales support. You won’t have customer support or any experts to help you sort out bugs and set up your WordPress site, you’re all on your own.
Here are our top recommendations for the best WordPress hosting providers:
- SiteGround. SiteGround offers a professional, reliable, and fast WordPress hosting solution for your website. The team at SiteGround offers exceptional support for creating and managing your WordPress site and hosting so you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Kinsta. Kinsta is designed for people looking for a stable, highly secure, and fast WordPress hosting provider. You can choose from over 25 Google Cloud data platforms for hosting your site on.
- Cloudways. Cloudways offers a hands-off approach to WordPress hosting for business owners. Designed with simplicity in mind, Cloudways offers a powerful hosting platform that lets you set up and launch your WordPress website within a few minutes.
Deciding on a great WordPress hosting provider can be challenging, especially if you’re looking for an affordable, budget option. You need to consider things such as optimization, backup support, SSL certification, customer support, and integration with other domains or websites when choosing a WordPress hosting provider.
Do you know of any other WordPress hosting solutions at affordable rates? Let us know in the comments section below.