Yamidoo Magazine Documentation
Setting up the Featured Slider
- To add a post in the Featured Slideshow, mark the Feature on Homepage option from editing page.
- Optionally you can display a video in the slider by inserting embed code in the Embed Video field. Don’t insert just the URL of the video, but FULL embed code.
- When embedding videos from YouTube or Vimeo, a thumbnail will be generated automatically. You can override it uploading manually a Featured Image. For the rest videos you will also have to upload a Featured Image, which will be displayed on archive pages.
- You can adjust text appearing in a slide from Excerpt box, otherwise automatically will appear first 50 words from your post
To add widgets in the Sidebar of this theme, you’d need to access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your Sidebar to activate them.
This theme includes 4 Custom Widgets which are ready to use:
- WPZOOM: Flickr Photos
- WPZOOM: Recent Posts (with thumbnail)
- WPZOOM: Popular Posts
- WPZOOM: Recent Comments (with gravatar)
Trough those 5 custom widgets, which this theme has you’ll find one named WPZOOM: Tabs, which is a widget that allows you to create tabbed area from other widgets.
In the next screenshot you can see steps you’ll need to follow if you want to have tabbed area similar to that one from theme demo.
- Drag WPZOOM: Tabs widget to Sidebar
- Place widgets you want to appear as tabs in tabbed area in a sidebar called WPZOOM: Tabs Widget Area
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.