Adding Posts to Homepage Slideshow
The slideshow in this theme displays Custom Post Type: Slideshow.
- To add a new slide in the slideshow on the homepage, go to Slideshow > Add New in your WordPress Dashboard menu.
- Upload a Featured Image to the posts.
- Optionally you can assign a link to the slide to any page you want from your website or other external sites.
- Go to WPZOOM > Theme Options and from Homepage > Homepage Slider menu you can change additional options for the slider
Setting up Food Menu
In the Seasons theme you can easily showcase all the food items on the menu page. Food items can be added through the Custom Post Type functionality via Menu section.
- To create a page with all your food items, navigate to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New and select one of two available Menu templates, from the Page Attributes box.
- If you select Menu Page (widgetized) template, then you have the ability to arrange the food categories on the menu page as you want via widgets. You can do this in Appearance > Widgets section, and add widgets named WPZOOM: Menu Category to the Menu Page area.
How to create a reservation form like the one from demo:
Setting up the Blog page
- To create a page with all your blog posts, navigate to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New
- Look for the Page Attributes box in the right side, and select Blog from the Template drop-down.
- After you will publish this page, all blog posts will appear in it.
Add a Lightbox Effect
This theme includes support for two popular lightbox plugins. All you have to do is to install and activate one of them:
To add widgets in this theme, access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.