Rezzo – Portfolio Posts
Once you’ve learned how to create the Portfolio page in the previous article, it’s time to populate your gallery with some content.
Create a New Portfolio Post
Portfolio posts can be added from the Portfolio menu in the Dashboard:
Usually, the following plugins also include a Portfolio Post Type:
Unyson – just go to Unyson menu and disable the Portfolio extension if you’ve installed it, as it is not needed by any of our themes.
Jetpack – this plugin also includes a feature that can register a Portfolio post type in your WordPress site, but since this is not needed by Rezzo theme, just disable it from Jetpack Settings, by searching for “Portfolio”.
Using a plugin like Post Type Switcher you can easily convert your existing Portfolio posts to work with Rezzo Portfolio posts.
When creating a new post, make sure to assign an existing or a new Category (Portfolios) to it and to set a Featured Image, which will be visible in Portfolio page or widgets.
In the editor, you can insert blocks with text, images, galleries, videos, etc.
Video Lightbox in Portfolio Posts
You can attach a YouTube/Vimeo or self-hosted video to each Portfolio post in the Video Settings area:
In the Self Hosted File option you can upload a MP4 video or insert a direct link to a video file hosted somewhere else.
1. Video format must be MP4 with the h.264 encoding. You can resize/convert it using Handbrake.
2. We recommended to keep your video file size small (5-20MB) to load fast enough on 3G/4G connections
In YouTube/Vimeo option insert the public URL of the Video you want to display in the lightbox feature.
https://vimeo.com/295116835 - Vimeo URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNw15W_EK8 - YouTube URL
Video Lightbox in Portfolio gallery
When viewing the Portfolio gallery or the Portfolio Showcase widget in a page, a video icon will appear when hovering portfolio posts with a lightbox video attached:
If you don’t see this icon, make sure that the Video Lightbox feature is enabled either in Theme Options > Portfolio Options or in the widget settings:
Was this article helpful?
- Rezzo – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Rezzo – Changelog
- Rezzo – Recommended Plugins
- Rezzo – Beaver Builder Integration (video)
- Rezzo – Hero Area on Homepage
- Rezzo – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Rezzo – Portfolio Posts
- Rezzo – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Rezzo – Autoplay video on Hover
- Rezzo – Video Background on Hover
- Rezzo – Video Lightbox in Portfolio Posts
- Rezzo – Video Lightbox in Beaver Builder
- Rezzo – Setting up the Blog Page
- Rezzo – Contact Form
- Rezzo – Known Problems & Conflicts