Reel – Video Background Support in Slideshow
Reel theme allows you to display video as background in each slide from the Slideshow.
Until recently, most of the mobile devices didn’t supported video autoplay, in order to prevent users from unsolicited data consumption.
However, starting with Reel 2.0 (February, 2019), self-hosted (MP4) and Vimeo videos are now supported by the most mobile devices.
Upgrade to Vimeo PRO Today!
Even though Inspiro supports self-hosted videos, it’s much better to host them on a dedicated video platform like Vimeo. With Vimeo PRO, your videos will load faster and you will not have to deal with issues like server bandwidth or slow-loading videos.
Don’t want the background video to play on mobile devices?
You can disable it in Customizer > Homepage Slider:
When you create a Slideshow post, find the Video Background tab in Video Settings section:
There you can insert a video which will play in the background for the current slide in the slideshow.
The Featured Image of that Slideshow post will act as a fallback during page load and on devices that don’t support video autoplay (mobile devices).
You can easily convert your video file using an online converter in a GIF file and set it as Featured Image, and it will play fine on mobile devices.
The theme includes also a feature called Video Lightbox which is fully supported by tablets & mobile devices.
Using Video Lightbox you can display YouTube or Vimeo videos in the slideshow on both desktop and mobile devices:
You can read more about Video Lightbox feature here.
- Reel – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs (video)
- Reel – Changelog
- Reel – Recommended Plugins
- Reel – Beaver Builder Integration (video)
- Reel – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Reel – Setting up the Homepage (Portfolio)
- Reel – Homepage Slideshow
- Reel – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Reel – Video Lightbox
- Reel – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Reel – Portfolio Posts
- Reel – How to Change “Our Work” text
- Reel – Fullscreen Galleries
- Reel – Setting up the Blog Page
- Reel – Contact Form
- Reel – eCommerce Support (WooCommerce)
- Reel – Recommended Jetpack Features
- Reel – How to use the Page Builder (Unyson)
- Reel – Configure Footer Widgets
- Reel – Known Problems & Conflicts