Reel – Setting up the Homepage (Portfolio)
Do you want to show more than just the slideshow and portfolio on your homepage? Then we recommend you looking at the article about using the page builder in Reel.
Setting-up the Homepage
Default homepage layout in Reel theme consists from the slideshow at the top and your latest blog posts, but if you want to change this to the similar layout from the demo, which is based on the Page Template called Homepage (Portfolio Isotope), you’ll have to follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard and create a new page.
- Assign the Homepage (Portfolio Isotope) template to your new page from the Template box, then publish the page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard
- Find the Front page displays option, and change it to A static page, and then from the Front page dropdown, select your newly create page in step 2. Additionally you can select on which page you want to display your blog posts.
- Reel – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Reel – Changelog
- Reel – Recommended Plugins
- Reel – Beaver Builder Integration (video)
- Reel – How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Reel – Setting up the Homepage (Portfolio)
- Reel – Homepage Slideshow
- Reel – Video Background Support in Slideshow
- Reel – Video Lightbox
- Reel – Video Background on Hover
- Reel – Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Reel – Portfolio Posts
- How to Create an Image Gallery with Video Snapshots
- Reel – Autoplay video on Hover
- Reel – How to Change “Our Work” text
- Reel – Fullscreen Galleries
- Reel – Setting up the Blog Page
- Reel – Contact Form
- Reel – eCommerce Support (WooCommerce)
- Reel – Recommended Jetpack Features
- Reel – How to use the Page Builder (Unyson)
- Reel – Configure Footer Widgets
- Reel – Known Problems & Conflicts