Theme Quick Specs
- Responsive – Yes
- Theme Width – 1140px
- Post Content Width – 750px
- Page Templates – Archives, Directory, Full-width, Left Sidebar
- Custom Widgets – Call to Action, Featured Page, Featured Pages, Recent Posts, Social Icons, Latest Tweets, Instagram
Recommended Plugins (free)
Social Icons Widget – free plugin that allows you to create a list of your social profiles. You’ll need it to add social icons from the top menu bar.
Instagram Widget – another free plugin created by us which you can use to add a scroller with your Instagram photos in the Footer, like in the demo. Make sure to set the space between images in the settings to 0.
Jetpack – a free plugin that includes numerous features that you can active to add extra functionalities in the theme.
You can add a newsletter subscription form in widget areas by installing the MailPoet Newsletters plugin (formerly Wysija Newsletters). The plugin is free and also includes a widget called MailPoet Subscription Form. We use this widget in one of the footer columns.
How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts.
This theme is using the native WordPress Customize page to control the display of certain elements. Please go to the Appearance > Customize page and explore all the available tabs and options.
This is where you can upload your custom logo.
Setting-up the Homepage (Widgetized) Template
Default homepage layout in Medicus theme displays your latest blog posts, but if you want to use the layout like in the demo, which is based on the Page Template called Homepage, you’ll have to follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard and create a new page (or edit an existing one).
- Assign the Homepage template to your page from the Template box, then publish/update the page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard
- Find the Front page displays option, and change it to A static page, and then from the Front page dropdown, select your newly create page in step 2. Additionally you can select on which page you want to display your blog posts
Adding Posts to Featured Slider
- To add a new post in the slider on the homepage, edit the post you want to feature and check the Featured in Homepage Slider option.
- Upload a Featured Image to the post.
- Go to WPZOOM > Theme Options and from Homepage > Homepage Slideshow menu you can change additional options for the slider
To add widgets in this theme, please access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Widgets Structure in Demo
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.