Inspiro Lite – Setting up the Homepage
Thanks to the Elementor integration, you can build easily any kind of layout with custom sections on your front page.
1. Create the front page & choose the right Page Template
By default, the theme will display your latest blog posts, but the theme also includes a Page Templates to create your front page using a Page Builder:
– Homepage (Page Builder)
This page template will show the theme’s hero area with video integration automatically at the top.
Here are some advantages why you should use a Page Builder to create your homepage:
– A page builder gives you more control and flexibility: full-width sections, image, and video backgrounds;
– Custom sections with different number of columns;
– Easily adjust design options of each section, column or widget individually: margin, padding, fonts, etc.
– Advanced tools like Import/Export, templates, etc.
Now that the advantages of creating your front page using a Page Builder are known to you, let’s proceed to the first step.
First, create a new page or edit an existing page (e.g. your current static page) and make sure to select the right Page Template:
Additional details and instructions for the homepage when the Page Builder template is selected can be found here.
2. Assign the new page as your Front Page
Once you’ve published or edited the page you want to use as your front page, go to Settings > Reading page and select your page in the option: “A static page > Homepage“:
3. Start building!
Part 1: Editing the Hero area (large video)
Now that the right page with the right template is assigned as your front page, you can proceed with configuring the hero area or the sections below it.
The Hero Area at the top is a part of the theme, so it can’t be edited using the Page Builder.
You can edit it from the Customizer > Header Media.
If you want to use a different slideshow at the top and replace the one from the theme, you will need to use a different page template, like “Full-width (Page Builder)”.
Part 2: Editing the rest of the page using Elementor
If you selected to built your homepage using the Page Builder, go back to edit that page, and click on the blue button “Edit with Elementor“:
If you don’t see this block or the button available, probably the Elementor plugin is not installed or active on your website.
Loading Elementor Templates
If you haven’t loaded the demo content of the theme and want to start building your website from scratch, one of the starting points would be importing a layout.
Click on the blue W icon (WPZOOM Library) in Elementor to load one of the pre-built Inspiro templates.
Choose one of the pre-built templates and click on Insert Template.
If you’re new to the Elementor page builder, this Getting Started guide could be of help.
If you haven’t used Elementor before, we recommend you to start here.
Was this article helpful?
- Inspiro Lite vs. Inspiro Classic vs. Inspiro PRO
- Inspiro Lite – Recommended Plugins
- Inspiro Lite – General Page Speed Tips
- What version of Inspiro to choose?
- Inspiro Lite – Importing the Demo Content
- Inspiro Lite – Setting up the Homepage
- Inspiro Lite – How to Create a Portfolio Section
- Inspiro Lite – Beaver Builder Integration
- Inspiro Lite – CSS Snippets
- Inspiro Lite – Child Theme