Foodica – Recipe Schema Support & Recommendations for Non-Food Blogs
Even though Foodica is a popular food blog theme, a lot of our customers use it also for non-food blogs.
The Everyday Man is a great example of a blog using Foodica theme for a non-food blog.
Disable the Food Recipe Schema
If you’re planning to use the Foodica for a non-food blog or if you use already a Recipe Card plugin with Recipe Schema support we recommend you to disable the following option from the Theme Options page:
Disabling the Structured Data Markup option from Foodica will prevent your blog posts to not be indexed by search engines as food recipes in case you’re using the theme for a non-food blog. This will also prevent possible conflicts between the theme and a Recipe Card plugin, if you’re using one already.
This is a global option and it will disable theme’s recipe markup for all your posts.
It’s also possible to disable the recipe markup on a post-basis, by checking the following option when editing a post:
This option is useful if you have a food blog, but also want to publish posts that aren’t food recipes, like general posts, travel diaries, etc.
- Foodica – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Foodica – Changelog
- Foodica – Setup Video Tutorial
- Foodica – Free version vs. Premium version (PRO)
- Foodica – Upgrade from Free version to Foodica Premium (PRO)
- Foodica – Recommended Plugins
- Foodica – How to add Recipe Cards
- Foodica – Recipe Schema Support & Recommendations for Non-Food Blogs
- Foodica – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Foodica – Social Icons in the Header
- Foodica – Configure Homepage Slider
- Foodica – Image Box widget (3 columns)
- Foodica – How to Make a Sticky/Featured Post
- Foodica – Recipe Index Page
- Foodica – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
- Foodica – Infinite Scroll
- Foodica – Add Related Posts, Tiled Galleries and other Jetpack Features
- Foodica – Change Post Styles
- Foodica – Configure Mobile Menu
- Foodica – Configure Widgets
- Foodica – Tabs Section in Sidebar with Popular Posts
- Foodica – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- Foodica – How to add Advertising Banners
- Foodica – Recipe Index (using EasyIndex Plugin)
- Foodica – Known Issues & Fixes
- Foodica – FAQ