Derive – How to Add World Map
Probably you’ve noticed that there’s a World Map section on the front page of Derive Demo.
You can also add a similar map anywhere on your website using the free RVM – Responsive Vector Maps plugin.
How to Create a Map
Since RVM plugin is a recommended one in Derive theme, probably you have already installed and activate it. If not, you can do that now from the Plugins > Add New page in your website’s Dashboard.
Now go to the RVM Maps section in admin area and create a new Map:
After selecting the needed map (in our case World map), Publish the new map.
When the page will refresh after publishing the map, a new tab called Subdivisions will appear. This tab includes all countries in the world, and you can assign a link to the needed countries to relevant pages or categories from your website:
How to Embed the Map in a Page
Each Map you will create automatically will have a shortcode which you can copy from the RVM Maps page:
For example, in Derive demo page we’ve inserted the shortcode in a simple Text Editor module:
- Derive – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- Derive – Recommended Plugins
- Derive – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Derive – Customize Post Options
- Derive – Setting up the Homepage
- Derive – Homepage Slideshow Set up
- Derive – Beaver Builder Integration
- Derive – How to Add World Map
- Derive – Add Captions to Wide & Full-width Images
- Derive – Menu Configuration
- Derive – Configure Mobile Menu
- Derive – How to Change number of Posts on the Blog Page
- Derive – How to Enable Infinite Scroll
- Derive – Instagram Bar in the Footer