CookBook – Recommended Plugins
Recommended Plugins (free)
Recipe Card Blocks – using the free version of our plugin you can add nice recipe cards in your posts with Schema.org markup..
Elementor – a very powerful front-end page builder which works great with Foodica.
WPZOOM Addons for Elementor – with this plugin you will have access to more modules in the Elementor
Social Icons Widget – free plugin that allows you to create a list of your social profiles. You’ll need it to add social icons from the top menu bar.
Instagram Widget – another free plugin created by us which you can use to add a scroller with your Instagram photos in the Footer, like in the demo. Make sure to set the space between images in the settings to 0.
Jetpack – a free plugin that includes numerous features that you can active to add extra functionalities in the theme. Recommended features to activate: Related Posts, Tiled Galleries, Infinite Scrolling.
Rating-Widget: Star Rating System – a complex free plugin that allows to add rating to each post.
MailPoet Newsletters – a plugin that allows to create and send newsletters to your subscribers. It also includes a widget that you can add in the sidebar or in the post content widget area.
Recipe Card Blocks PRO (With Schema Markup) – our recommendation!
Do I Need Elementor PRO?
CookBook doesn’t require Elementor PRO, but we highly recommend purchasing it. The price starts from $49 and you receive a lot of features.
To enable the eCommerce feature in the theme, you’ll need to install the free WooCommerce plugin.
Contact Form Page
You can add a newsletter subscription form in widget areas by installing the MailPoet Newsletters plugin (formerly Wysija Newsletters). The plugin is free and also includes a widget called MailPoet Subscription Form
To add Rating Stars to each post, install and activate the free plugin called Rating-Widget: Star Rating System.
Was this article helpful?
- CookBook – Activating License Key
- CookBook – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- CookBook – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- CookBook – Recommended Plugins
- CookBook – Setting up the Homepage using Elementor
- CookBook – Featured Slider on the Homepage
- CookBook – How to add Recipe Cards
- CookBook – How to add Recipe Details (Cooking Time, Difficulty)
- CookBook – Configure Mobile Menu
- CookBook – Floating Sharing Buttons in Posts
- CookBook – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- CookBook – Recipe Index Page (Using Elementor)
- CookBook – Recipe Index Page without Elementor
- CookBook – Social Icons in the Header and Footer
- CookBook – Change Post Styles
- CookBook – How to add Advertising Banners
- CookBook – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
- CookBook – Infinite Scroll
- CookBook – Tabs Section in Sidebar with Popular Posts
- CookBook – Known Issues & Fixes
- CookBook – FAQ