CookBook – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
How to add a Global Disclosure in All Posts
If you are not sure which posts you have inserted affiliate links or other information from which you’re earning money, probably it’s a good idea to add a disclosure in all your blog posts.
You can do that easily using the option located in the Theme Options > Single Post Options:
In the above option, you can insert a short text which will appear at the beginning of all posts, below the date. Some HTML code is allowed, so you can also insert a link to a page with your full disclosure.
If you prefer to have more control, there is also a widget area located at the top of posts in the new version. The widget area is named Single Posts (before content), and you can insert in it any widget or shortcode you want:
On wordpress.org you can also search for “affiliate disclosure” and you can find some plugins which include more features for adding your affiliate disclosure.
How to Add Disclosure in Individual Posts
If you want to add disclosure statements only in some of your posts, you can quickly do that using the new Block Editor.
Just insert a new paragraph block and add some styling to it:
In the above example, we’ve changed the text size to be smaller, font style to italic, and grey color.
To insert the same text in other posts quickly, you can save the block as a Reusable Block:
Then go in a different post, and find the saved block under the Reusable Blocks:
Keep also in mind that if you edit a reusable block in a post, this block will be updated in other posts.
Was this article helpful?
- CookBook – Activating License Key
- CookBook – Overview, Demo Content Importer, Quick Specs
- CookBook – Customizations: Logo, Colors and Fonts
- CookBook – Recommended Plugins
- CookBook – Setting up the Homepage using Elementor
- CookBook – Featured Slider on the Homepage
- CookBook – How to add Recipe Cards
- CookBook – How to add Recipe Details (Cooking Time, Difficulty)
- CookBook – Configure Mobile Menu
- CookBook – Floating Sharing Buttons in Posts
- CookBook – Instagram Bar in the Footer
- CookBook – Recipe Index Page (Using Elementor)
- CookBook – Recipe Index Page without Elementor
- CookBook – Social Icons in the Header and Footer
- CookBook – Change Post Styles
- CookBook – How to add Advertising Banners
- CookBook – How to Add Affiliate Disclosure
- CookBook – Infinite Scroll
- CookBook – Tabs Section in Sidebar with Popular Posts
- CookBook – Known Issues & Fixes
- CookBook – FAQ