Theme Quick Specs
- Responsive – Yes
- Theme Width – 1170px
- Post Content Width – 740px
- Page Templates – Homepage (Widgetized), Full-width
- Custom Widgets – Carousel Slider, Instagram, Recent Posts, Single Page, Social Widget, Twitter
Configure Homepage Slider
- To add a new slide in the slider on the homepage, navigate to Slideshow > Add New menu.
- In the Slideshow Options section you can add an optional button for a slide.
- It’s also required to upload a Featured Image.
- Additional slider settings can be configured in Theme Options > Homepage > Homepage Slider.
Setting-up the Homepage (Widgetized) Template
Default homepage layout in Capital theme consists from the slideshow at the top and your latest blog posts, but if you want to change this to the similar layout from the demo, which is based on the Page Template called Homepage (Widgetized), you’ll have to follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard and create a new page named Homepage, for example.
- Assign the Homepage (Widgetized) template to your new page from the Attributes box, then publish the page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard
- Find the Front page displays option, and change it to A static page, and then from the Front page dropdown, select your newly create page in step 2. Additionally you can select on which page you want to display your blog posts
To activate the Events functionality in this theme, simply install the free plugin The Events Calendar. You can quickly find it in the Plugins page from your site admin.
Once you installed the plugin, your Events page will be located at the following address: http://example.com/events.
This plugin also comes with a widget that displays upcoming events, and it’s called Events List.
IMPORTANT: Go to Events > Settings, and in the Display tab find the Events template option, and select the Default Events Template from dropdown.
How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts.
In Capital theme many options can be changed and customized from Theme Customizer. You can access the Customizer from Themes Page.
In General you can upload your own logo image or change site background.
In Homepage you can change the number of columns for widgetized areas from the homepage.
In Header > Navbar you can disable the Search form from the Header.
Widget: Single Page
This widget can be added in the Homepage (Widgetized) template via Widgets page, and it allows to feature the content from individual pages.
- If a page has a Featured Image then it will be displayed in the widget, in case you have enabled this options in widget settings.
- You can also display a video instead of the Featured Image, but you’ll have to insert the embed code in the Excerpt field when editing the page. If you don’t see the Excerpt metabox, make sure that it’s enabled from the Screen Options from top-right.
- This widget will display the full content of a page, but you can easily make use of the
<!--more-->Read More tag and insert it anywhere you want in the content.
To add widgets in this theme, access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Widgets Structure in Demo
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.