Theme Quick Specs
- Responsive – Yes
- Theme Width – 1170px
- Post Content Width – 840px
- Page Templates – Homepage (Widgetized), Portfolio, Portfolio (isotope)
- Custom Widgets – Portfolio, Instagram, Recent Posts, Single Page, Social Widget, Twitter
Configure Homepage Slider
- To add a new slide in the slider on the homepage, navigate to Slideshow > Add New menu.
- In the Slideshow Options section you can add an optional button for a slide.
- It’s also required to upload a Featured Image.
- Additional slider settings can be configured in Theme Options > Homepage > Homepage Slider.
Setting-up the Homepage (Widgetized) Template
Default homepage layout in Angle theme consists from the slideshow at the top and your latest blog posts, but if you want to change this to the similar layout from the demo, which is based on the Page Template called Homepage (Widgetized), you’ll have to follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard and create a new page named Homepage, for example.
- Assign the Homepage (Widgetized) template to your new page from the Template box, then publish the page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard
- Find the Front page displays option, and change it to A static page, and then from the Front page dropdown, select your newly create page in step 2. Additionally you can select on which page you want to display your blog posts
After that go to Appearance > Widgets page in the WordPress Dashboard, and add widgets in the areas which name starts with Homepage, and these will appear in your homepage.
Here is the structure of the widgets from the homepage of the demo:
Setting-up the Portfolio Page
Angle theme includes 2 different page templates for Portfolio page:
- Portfolio (isotope) – this template is based on the Isotope effect, and will display all your Portfolio posts on one page, so you can be able to sort them using the categories at the top.
- Portfolio (paginated) – this is the default template, with paginated navigation, which will display as many Portfolio posts per page as you set in Theme Options > Portfolio Options
- To create a Portfolio, in which you will show off all your Portfolio posts, navigate to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New
- Look for the Page Attributes box in the right side, and select any of the 2 available Portfolio templates from the Template drop-down.
- Once you created your Portoflio page, navigate to WPZOOM -> Theme Options.
- In Portfolio Options select the your newly created page in the dropdown for the Portfolio Page option.
How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts.
In Angle theme many options can be changed and customized from Theme Customizer. You can access the Customizer from Themes Page.
In General you can upload your own logo image or change site background.
In Homepage you can change the number of columns for widgetized areas from the homepage.
To display a image behind the Page title at the top follow these steps:
- Upload a Featured Image to your post or page with recommended size of 1400x500px.
- In Portfolio templates you can also display a text under the title, and you can add this text directly in the content of the page with Portfolio template.
Widget: Single Page
This widget can be added in the Homepage (Widgetized) template via Widgets page, and it allows to feature the content from individual pages.
- If a page has a Featured Image then it will be displayed in the widget, in case you have enabled this options in widget settings.
- You can also display a video instead of the Featured Image, but you’ll have to insert the embed code in the Excerpt field when editing the page. If you don’t see the Excerpt metabox, make sure that it’s enabled from the Screen Options from top-right.
- This widget will display the full content of a page, but you can easily make use of the
<!--more-->Read More tag and insert it anywhere you want in the content.
To add widgets in this theme, access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Widgets Structure in Demo
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.