How to Create a Menu with the Navigation Block
To set up your links in the menu, click on the Edit Site, and in the “Template Parts” section, click on “Header”:
The header is a template part, meaning you can also edit it directly when editing another page, and the changes made to it will be synchronized everywhere on your website.
You can manage the menu using the Navigation block:
Once the Navigation block is added to your header, you’ll have two options:
- Select a pre-existing menu. Click on the button, then select the desired menu.
- Start empty and add links to the menu manually.
When the menu is ready, you can reposition it by using the left and right arrows.
When you’re done, be sure to click Save, then Save again, making sure that the checkbox for the Header template part is checked.
To create submenus (dropdowns), click on an item from the menu and click on then on the Add Submenu icon:
- 20 Full Site Editing Tips and Tricks [Video]
- Everything you need to know about WordPress Full-Site Editing & Block Themes
- How to Customize Colors & Fonts in Block Themes
- How to Customize the Header & Footer in WordPress Full Site Editor
- How to Upload your Logo Image in Block Themes
- Set up Navigation Menus
- The Difference Between Reusable Blocks, Block Patterns, Templates & Template Parts
- Using Page Templates in Block Themes