How to Update a WPZOOM theme
When a new version of your theme is available you will see a yellow notice at the top in your WordPress Dashboard. You can “check out what’s new” so visit the changelog and see what has been modified in the new version.
We recommend you to keep always your theme updated, to ensure that it is fully compatible with latest WordPress version available and has the latest features.
Backup your current theme before updating to a newer version
Before updating we recommend you create a backup your current theme to ensure you do not lose any modifications or customizations. Install the WP Clone Template or Export Plugins and Templates plugin and under “Appearance”, select “Export”. Choose you theme and press “Export”. You will now have a zipped file saved to your computer containing your theme.
If you want to update your theme to a newer version, follow these steps:
1. Find out which version you have currently installed
You can find your theme version by looking in the→ :
2. Download latest version
3. Uploading the new version
The easiest way to update your theme is to upload it via the WP Dashboard under→ → → .
But because you already have a theme folder on your server with the same name as the folder inside your ZIP file of updated theme, most likely you will get the following error:
To avoid this error you have several choices:
a) Delete your current theme
1. Deactivate the theme you want to update, enabling another theme (e.g. Twenty Twelve) (theme can not be deleted if it is active).
2. Delete the theme.
3. Now you can go to install the updated version of the theme.
b) Rename your current theme folder via FTP
1. Using a FTP client like FileZilla, log in to your site via FTP.
2. Go to the folder → and rename your current theme folder (e.g. prime) to something else (e.g. prime-old), without adding any spaces in the folder name.
3. Now you can go back to WP Dashboard and install the updated version the theme.
c) Manually update only modified files
1. If your theme was previously modified or customized, you can update manually only files that were modified in newer versions than yours.
2. Look in the changelog of your theme to see which files were modified or added and replace them via FTP.