Adding Posts to Slider
- To add a new post in the featured slider on homepage, edit the post you want to feature and check the Feature in Homepage Slider option.
- Update or save your post.
- Go to WPZOOM -> Theme Options and from Slider Settings section you can change additional options for the slider
Setting up the Archives page
- To create a page with all your archives, as in demo, navigate to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New
- Look for the Page Attributes box in the right side, and select Archives Page from the Template drop-down.
- Publish or save your new page.
Create a Video Section
- To create a Video Section as in demo, you’ll have to create a few video posts from Video Widget menu of the Dashboard.
- In the Embed box you can embed videos from video sharing websites, inserting the embed code of the video or you can upload your own videos which will be played in JW Player, which is integrated in the theme..
- From the Featured Image box you’d need to upload a picture which will be used as thumbnail in the video section navigation.
- After you created a few Video Posts, go to Appearance -> Widgets menu.
- Find in Available Widgets section WPZOOM: Video widget, and drag it to Homepage (under slider) or Footer (full-width column) widgetized areas. Please note that widget will not work properly in other widgetized areas
To add widgets in the Sidebar, Homepage or Footer of this theme, you’d need to access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Widgets Structure in Demo
Change Background Image/Color
- Go to Appearance -> Background menu.
- You have two options: to upload an image you want to be used as background
- or select a solid color using a color picker
Modify Logo image
- You can download logo.psd (Photoshop layered file) of the logo on following link: http://www.wpzoom.com/downloads/logo/pulse.zip
- You’ll need to open logo.psd file from downloaded .zip file with Adobe Photoshop, and edit the text using Text (press T) tool.
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I control the number of posts listed on homepage?
- Go to Settings -> Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.
How do I add a Contact Form to my website similar to the one from Demo?
You’d need to install and activate Easy Contact plugin, and then place shortcode
[easy-contact] anywhere you want on your website.