- How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
- Configure Homepage Slider
- Video Support in Slider
- Setting-up the Homepage (Widgetized) Template
- How to use the Page Builder
- Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
- Fullscreen Galleries
- Adding Fullscreen Images in Posts
- Add Tiled Galleries and other Jetpack Features
- Widget: Single Page
- Widget: Featured WooCommerce Products
Theme Quick Specs
- Responsive – Yes
- Theme Width – 1200px
- Post Content Width – 950px
- Page Templates – Homepage (Widgetized), Portfolio (Paginated), Portfolio (Sorting Effect), Portfolio (Infinite Scroll), ZOOM Builder
- Custom Widgets – Portfolio Showcase, Portfolio Scroller, Featured WooCommerce Products, Instagram, Recent Posts, Single Page, Social Widget, Twitter
Recommended Plugins (free)
Social Icons Widget – free plugin that allows you to create a list of your social profiles.
Jetpack – a free plugin that includes numerous features that you can active to add extra functionalities in the theme. Recommended features to activate: Related Posts, Tiled Galleries, Carousel, Contact Form.
To enable the eCommerce feature in the theme, you’ll need to install the free WooCommerce plugin.
How to Change Logo, Colors and Fonts
Starting with Inspiro 3.0 version many options can be changed and customized from Theme Customizer. You can access the Customizer from Themes Page.
In Logo you can upload your own logo image or change site background.
Configure Homepage Slider
Each slide from the homepage slideshow is an individual Slideshow post.
- To add a new slide, navigate to Slideshow > Add New menu.
- In the Slideshow Options section you can add an optional button for a slide.
- It’s also required to upload a Featured Image or a Video. Video feature was added in the version 1.2.
- Additional slider settings can be configured in Theme Options > Homepage > Homepage Slider.
Video Background in Slider
As you may already know, this theme allows you to display video as background in each slide from the Slideshow.
Since most of the mobile devices don’t support video autoplay, this means that there is no technical way we could enable video background on mobile devices, because videos can’t be played automatically in background on these devices.
In order to fix this problem, we’ve added a new feature called Video Lightbox in the version 3.0.
Using Video Lightbox you can display YouTube or Vimeo videos in the slideshow on both desktop and mobile devices:
Self-hosted Video Support on Desktop Computers
If you have a H.264 encoded video, you can easily upload it in the Video Background option from a Slideshow post. Starting with version 3.0, you can also customize video controls, and choose if you want to have video play automatically, with sound or without sound and much more.
In order to display your Vimeo videos as background, you need a Vimeo PRO subscription. In this way, Vimeo will provide you direct link to your videos, which you can insert in the Self-hosted Video File field.
Setting-up the Homepage (Widgetized) Template
Default homepage layout in Inspiro theme consists from the slideshow at the top and your latest blog posts, but if you want to change this to the similar layout from the demo, which is based on the Page Template called Homepage (Widgetized), you’ll have to follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard and create a new page.
- Assign the Homepage (Widgetized) template to your new page from the Attributes box, then publish the page.
- Navigate to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress Dashboard
- Find the Front page displays option, and change it to A static page, and then from the Front page dropdown, select your newly create page in step 2. Additionally you can select on which page you want to display your blog posts.
After that navigate to the Widgets page (or you can use the Customizer to manage widgets), and add widgets that you want on the homepage in the Homepage widget area.
We’ve even included in the theme several custom widgets: WPZOOM: Portfolio Showcase, WPZOOM: Portfolio Scroller, WPZOOM: Single Page, WPZOOM: Featured WooCommerce Products:
How to use the Page Builder
In order to activate the Page Builder, you’ll need to install the Unyson plugin, which is available for free.
After installing the theme, you’ll see a message at the top that offers to install and activate the plugin quickly:
Install the plugin and Activate it.
After that a new section called Unyson will appear in the dashboard menu:
Go to the Unyson page, and install the Page Builder extension.
Now you can use the Page Builder when you create or edit pages.
Here’s how you can create a new page to use it as front page and how to load the same layout from the demo:
In the following video you can see a walkthrough the Page Builder extension:
Setting-up the Portfolio (Gallery) Page
Inspiro theme includes 3 different page templates for Portfolio (Gallery) page:
- Portfolio – this is the default template, with paginated navigation, which will display as many Portfolio posts per page as you set in Theme Options > Portfolio Options
- Portfolio (Infinite Scroll) – in this template there is no paginated navigation, but only a Load More button that will load new posts every time it’s clicked.
- Portfolio (Sorting Effect) – this template is based on the Isotope effect, and will display all your Portfolio posts on one page, so you can be able to sort them using the categories at the top.
- Portfolio (Masonry) – this page template displays all Portfolio posts in a masonry layout
- To create a Portfolio or Gallery page, in which you will show off all your Portfolio posts, navigate to WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New
- Look for the Page Attributes box in the right side, and select any of the 3 available Portfolio templates from the Template drop-down.
- Once you created your Portoflio page, navigate to WPZOOM -> Theme Options.
- In Portfolio Options select the your newly created page in the dropdown for the Portfolio Page option.
Optionally, you can customize the Gallery page by setting a Featured Image and adding some text in the content area, which will appear in the header:
Inspiro 3.0 includes a new page templates called Full-width Gallery (also available in Dark mode), which can be used to create quickly a page with multiple images combine in a Gallery Shortcode, like in this example from the demo.
Creating a similar page is very easy:
Adding Fullscreen Images in Posts
To add fullscreen images in the content of your posts or portfolio posts, like in this example, you’ll have to use the [fullscreen] shortcode:
- When you’re in the Visual editor click on the image you want to display in fullscreen
- Once you have selected an image, click on the icon Fullscreen image and the [fullscreen] shortcode will be added to that image.
Add Sharing Buttons, Related Posts, Tiled Galleries and other Jetpack Features
Numerous features can be added quickly in the theme from Jetpack Plugin: Tiled Galleries, Related Posts, Extra Sidebar Widgets, etc.
Recommended Jetpack Features:
If you need help installing and activating these features, please see this tutorial: Getting started with Jetpack.
Here’s how you can create a Tiled Mosaic Gallery:
Widget: Single Page
This widget can be added in the Homepage (Widgetized) template via Widgets page, and it allows to feature the content from individual pages.
- If a page has a Featured Image then it will be displayed in the widget, in case you have enabled this options in widgets settings.
- You can also display a video instead of the Featured Image, but you’ll have to insert the embed code in the Excerpt field when editing the page. If you don’t see the Excerpt metabox, make sure that it’s enabled from the Screen Options from top-right.
- This widget will display the full content of a page, but you can easily make use of the Read More tag and insert it anywhere you want in the content.
Widget: Featured WooCommerce Products
This widget can be added in the Homepage (Widgetized) template via Widgets page, but you’ll need to install and activate WooCommerce plugin.
To mark a product as featured go to: Products > Products and select the Star in the featured column.
To add widgets in this theme, access Appearance -> Widgets menu, and drag widgets to your widgetized areas to activate them.
Widgets Structure in Demo
Load Default Widgets
From Theme Options you can load automatically default widgets, exactly as in theme demo. All you have to do is to navigate to Theme Options -> Import/Export -> Widgets and click the button Load default widget settings
How do I change summary content (Excerpt) for a post?
On editing page of a post, look for a field called Excerpt. You can add here summaries for your posts each time you want to adjust manually the length of text which appears in Slider, Recent Articles, Post Archives or when you simply want to have a different text than the automatically picked excerpt.
How can I change the number of posts on homepage?
- Go to Settings > Reading
- Find Blog pages show at most option, and change the number of posts.
How do I add a Contact Form?
You’d need to install Jetpack plugin and activate the Contact Form feature.